Import To Microsoft Word 2002 - XP
Importing instructions - mail merge for labels
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click on the Tools in the main menu at top left.
- Select Letters and Mailings, and then Mail Merge Wizard.
- Select the Labels button under Select document type.
- Click on the Next: Starting document link at the bottom of the Mail Merge helper below Step 1 of 6.
- Click on the Label options. link under Change document layout and select the appropriate label from the Label Options window, then click OK.
- Click on the Next: Select recipients link at the bottom of the Mail Merge helper below Step 2 of 6.
- Click on the Browse. link under Use an existing list.
- The Select Data Source window will appear. Click on the Look in: dropdown menu and select the location of your list data file.
- Once you have located your list data file, highlight this file and click on the Open button in the Select Data Source window.
- The Mail Merge Recipients window will appear with a preview of your list.
- Click the OK button on the Mail Merge Recipients window.
- Click on the Next: Arrange your labels link at the bottom of the Mail Merge helper below Step 3 of 6.
- Make sure that the cursor is in the text area of the first label on the sheet and click on the More items. link under Arrange your labels.
- The Insert Merge Field window will appear. Ensure that the button next to Database Fields is selected.
- Select the appropriate data elements from the Insert Merge Field window, such as Company_Name, and then click on the Insert button then click the Close button.
- Insert the appropriate spacing and punctuation after inserting each data element (e.g. Company Name, Address, City, State, Zip).
- Repeat this process until all of the address information is correctly laid out on your label (e.g. click on the More items. link under Arrange your labels, select the appropriate data elements from the Insert Merge Field window, [such as Company_Name,] click on the Insert button and then click the Close button).
- Click on Update all labels under the Replicate labels section.
- Click on the Next: Preview your labels link at the bottom of the Mail Merge helper below Step 4 of 6.
- Your labels should now appear laid out properly with the address information from your list.
- Click on the Next: Complete the merge link at the bottom of the Mail Merge helper below Step 5 of 6.
- Click on Print. or Edit Individual Records.from this step (Step 6 of 6). (Clicking Print from the top toolbar will not print all labels. Clicking Edit Individual Records... will open a new document of all the labels, save this to print from at a later time.)
- Save the document to avoid repeating the importing steps every time you need your list.
These instructions are provided to customers of email-list.com and its subsidiaries for reference purposes only. Although email-list.com provides certified technical support and can assist you in importing your data, we cannot infringe upon other third-party software companies by providing specific instructions for their respective applications. Based in this information, email-list.com technical support may ask you to contact the manufacturer's technical support department for further guidance on issues beyond our qualifications.